The Innovations Fund is at the heart of the ISEAL Innovations Programme, enabling sustainability systems to practically test projects that drive efficiency and effectiveness.
The Fund supports innovations that help sustainability systems deliver more value to their stakeholders and effectively drive improvement over time, and at scale. We do this because the sustainability landscape is changing, and it will be through innovation that these tools can continue to play a leadership role in transforming whole sectors toward sustainability.
Our Guiding Principles are:
- Innovation: Each project tests new ideas, tools or approaches, and generates learning.
- Relevance: Each project contributes to the objectives of the overall Innovations Programme.
- Replicability and applicability: There is high potential for replicability of project outputs and outcomes across different sustainability systems, sectors and regions.
- Engaging beneficiaries: Where applicable, there is strong buy-in and engagement from target beneficiaries in both the design and implementation phases.
- Monitoring and learning: Each project commits to capturing and sharing lessons and outcomes, including measuring and reporting on key indicators.
- Collaboration: Each project takes a partnership approach, engaging with other sustainability systems, or integrating with other tools or frameworks.
- Value for investment: The expected impact of each project, including its learning value, is high relative to its investment.
Over the course of the five years of the Fund, we have supported a range of projects that address the key challenges to the ongoing effectiveness of sustainability systems. Project themes have included: